Insight into "Baltic EU Conversations 2019: Awaiting Political Change"
On April 5, 2019, the Latvian Institute of International Affairs in cooperation with the European Commission Representation in Latvia and the Parliament of the Republic of Latvia, held an annual high-level international conference: "Baltic EU Conversations 2019: Awaiting Political Change."
Thanks to all guests, participants, and partners for making BEUC 2019 successful!
"Right or Wrong Europeans: Who Will Take the Lead?" an official prologue to the Baltic EU Conversations 2019 is available here.
Video recordings of the discussions are freely available here:
- Opening addresses by Mr. Andris Sprūds, Director of the Latvian Institute of International Affairs and Mr. Andris Kužnieks, Acting Head of the European Commission Representation in Latvia and keynote speech by Ms. Ināra Mūrniece, Speaker of the Parliament of Latvia together with Panel 1: "The Political Renewal of the European Union" please see here.
- Panel 2: "The MFF 2021–2027: A Work in Progress.." please see here.
- 3A: "The European Information Agenda and Modern Democracies" please see here.
- 3B: "European Defence Structures: A Process in the Making?" audio recording please listen here.
- 3C: "EU Tactics in a Time of Trade Wars" audio recording please listen here.
- Panel 4: "The EU and the US: A Friend in Need is a Friend Indeed?" please see here.
Pictures of the event are available here.
Published 08 April 2019