Latvian Institute of International Affairs has launched the New Silk Road Programme
As of July, 2017, Latvian Institute of International Affairs (LIIA) has launched the New Silk Road Programme, appointing Dr. Una Aleksandra Bērziņa-Čerenkova as the Head of the Programme. In the context of the development of the New Silk Road interconnectivity initiatives, the LIIA New Silk Road Programme aims at:
- promoting and coordinating research activities involving countries and regions in Europe and Asia integrated into the initiatives along the New Silk Road;
- conceptualising and assessing the involvement of Latvia into the transportation, logistics, information, financial, digital and human capital exchange connected to China's Belt and Road Initiative;
- providing expertise on China’s initiatives involving the Baltic region, including the China-CEEC “16+1” cooperation mechanisms;
- representing Latvia at the think tank networks and participating in research activities related to the assessment of the developments along the New Silk Road;
- assessing the prospects and strategies of India, Iran, Middle Eastern and Central Asian countries in the context of forming Eurasian infrastructural and civilizational highways.
Published 25 July 2017